The SV-25 is the casing along with the FV-25 motherboard so I'm not sure which bit you're asking so I'll answer for both

It does mention VCM but I don't have any so I can't tell you for sure. The Shuttle website mentions it in the specifications for the FV-25. There is only 2 DIMM slots though so you won't be able to use all of them.

It's quite a nice compact system if you're not looking for extreme amounts of storage or processing power. You can only fit 1 HD inside assuming you don't use the CDROM bay. The floppy bay isn't long enough to accomodate a HD so you're stuck with only one HD.

There is the SV-40 and SV-50 if you want a Athlon or P4 processor inside. These have 2 PCI slots so it's better for expansion. If you want play games then you'll defaintely want to get a PCI graphics card as the built in video is rather bad for 3D acceleration.

The main problem is that the CPU fan that comes with the SV-25 casing is hideously loud and you definately have to think about getting it replaced.

Overall I'll say it's quite a nice looking and performing system. You can get cheaper if you don't need it to be this small or if you don't mind it not looking as good.

- Trevor