My parents have just been on the London Eye and said it was great. Apart from that, the Science Museum is good too (you can't see it all in a day) and the Victoria & Albert Museum (the V&A). Go to Trafalgar Square and watch the crowds watching Nelson's Column as if it were a TV soap. Then go and look at the north side of the square where you can see the British Standard Inch, in brass, set into the wall. Greenwich Observatory is good too if you like that sort of thing (stand astride the Line).

Will the beer festival at Olympia still be on on Thursday? if so, might be worth a look.

There's lots to see in the V&A (the woman at the front desk said to me "We've got both sorts here, decorative and fine arts", which reminded me of the Blues Brothers) but you must without question see the plastercasts room. I went there without really knowing what to expect (plastercasts of statuettes?) and was stunned literally speechless by the gigantic plastercast of the entire of Trajan's Column from Rome. (For those not in the know, Trajan's Column is the sanctum sanctorum of typography; the inscription over its entrance is meant to be the finest rendition of capital lettering ever cut, and it has basically inspired every serif typeface for the 1600 years since it was made.)

Peter