Hi,

I've also given this idea some thought. I've seen some of the wooden docking station projects and well, they look like something from the 70's .

I'd dig a sleek, modern looking docking station. Perhaps aluminium mixed with glass. I don't think it should be much bigger than the empeg itself. Maybe all aluminium with a glass face to allow the empeg to sink in flush with the glass?

I think it'd also be cool if one could devise a means of having the ethernet socket dock cleanly. I had an idea of making a connector block with a power connector, usb plug, and ethernet jack fixed to one side which attaches to the back of the empeg and essentially just extends the jacks to metal contact pads on the opposite side of the block. This should dock much more cleanly.

Or better yet, maybe it'd be possible to wire in some kind of switching circuit on the inside of the player that allows one to convert the existing sled connector's pinouts so that they incorporate all connections relevant for home use? Does anyone know if this switching could be done from software (with the right hardware attachment of course) ?

Regards,
Aragon