Like I've said before, I don't buy many games. No, it's not because I download them all I just tend to buy very few games. So I have all these older games that I'm trying to play, and naturally, I've been met with some difficulties.

Warcraft II
1) I can't get sound to work because the game doesn't recognize my sound card (onboard CMedia)
2) my mouse won't move past 2/3's of the left part of the screen. I tried changing resolutions, but it still won't work. the mouse will travel the full height, but not the width. I can live without the sound, but I can't play with this problem

Dungeon Keeper 2
every time I try to start the game, it works at it for a long time, the screen goes black, then I'm back at Windows and nothing happens.

I suspect I'm going to have these sort of problems with a lot of my games. I realize I'm expecting more compatability from Win2K than I'm likely to get, but shouldn't there e fixes for these things somewhere? I mean come on, these are simple games by today's standards. I can't believe that the only games I've bought just won't play anymore. and I'm not about to get XP just for the alternate Windows environments.

Is there anything I can do? I've downloaded patches for both of these games but they didn't help