Sounds interesting. What was the name of the book?

"How to avoid speeding tickets: The fast and safe driver's handbook".

A quick google reveals a lot of topics on the general subject, but not that particular book. Doesn't surprise me, as the book was from an independent garage-operation publisher, it wasn't a mass-market press book. I ordered it out of the back of a Car and Driver several years ago.

I'd give you the details of its publisher, except that I loaned it to a friend years ago and never saw it again. I haven't been in touch with her since then so I can't even call her up and ask for it back.

Anyway, I'm sure there are plenty of books on the subject by now, so you can pick any of them.

This particular one was very big on the idea that the more alert you were as a driver, the more of a chance you'd see the cops before they clocked you. Maintaining a constant scan of the surrounding traffic, roadside, onramps, etc., makes you a safer driver overall. And they were also big on the idea of being a polite driver (i.e., not tailgating and weaving in and out of traffic) because if a cop did catch you, they'd be less inclined to let you slide if they observed you behaving like a jerk prior to the pull-over.

They described in detail all of the methods that can be used to clock you (not just radar is used), and how to know almost instantly which clocking method was being used once you knew the cop was there. Then they described what countermeasures you could take in each situation. Did you know that in some rare cases, full maximum lay-rubber-on-the-ground braking is the correct way to avoid a ticket? (It also can be a sure way to cinch the ticket if you're being clocked via a different method, so you better be sure.)