jEmplode used to be able to copy between two empegs directly, but because it was kind of hacked in, I removed it. If there's a lot of demand for it, I can add it back in.

My ultimate goal is to be able to directly transfer between the Central and the Empeg, thus removing my PC from the loop completely.

Recent discussion on the Receiver/Central BBS seems to indicate that direct synching to the Empeg from the Central's USB port is not going to happen soon, so now Jemplode is our only hope for this. So if you can get that working again, I would be very happy to see it happen.

Let me detail for you where I intend to go with all this...

My car player has all of my MP3 collection on it, including tracks I ripped back in the early days of my MP3 experience. I had often wanted to re-rip the older parts of my collection with better settings, but never finished it because of the hassle factor.

When I began testing the Central, I discovered that it ripped really well, and it had enough room for me to rip my whole collection at 256kbps CBR. It was also dead-easy to do the ripping. So that's what I've done: I've now re-ripped my whole CD collection into the Central.

Next I want to hand-duplicate my Empeg's playlists (just the mood playlists, not the artist/album playlists) onto the Central, and also take that opportunity to transfer some files from the empeg to the Central that weren't in my CD collection originally. Then totally organize the Central so that it's completely perfect: every tag is right, every track is ripped perfectly, etc.

When that's done, I will put more storage into the car player, wipe it clean, and do one big Central->Carplayer synch, making them finally identical. (This is where I think Jemplode would come in handy, since I would be able to do it without the files doing intermediate stops on the PC.) From then on, I would be able to rip into the Central and transfer to the carplayer every time, maintaining this identical list.