The toolbar buttons aren't icons. They're bitmaps. More precisely, the entire toolbar is a single bitmap, with the button images aligned on a 16x16 (or was it x15) grid. Therefore, an icon editor won't generally help you.

Of course. I've built these kinds of resources myself before, so I knew this. The only reason I asked about Microangelo is that I thought a new version of the program might have been able to detect these things and binary-edit them within an .EXE file. The version I've got, as you said, is just an icon editor, but I was hoping a newer version had gotten crafty. Not as a solution to the Emplode complaint, but just for my own fun with other .EXE files.

We're considering using one of Tony's funky new icons in emplode. Personally, I'd quite like one with two arrows, kinda like Outlook Express' Send/Receieve button. Tony?

I thought I did post one with two straight arrows. Perhaps not in the first post, but in my follow-up later. Here is the file again:

I'm not familiar with Outlook (I don't use it and have removed its files from my hard drive), but I'd be happy to draw whatever you wanted.

You're welcome to use any of the icons I drew. I posted them for that purpose. My only concern is that I guessed at the X/Y dimension limitations, and I'm not certain if the ones I drew were too big or not.

Oh, and the horizontal lighning bolt was ripped off from Lotus Notes, so if you decided you liked that one, we should re-draw it from scratch so that it's more different.

Attachments
8-13295-empeg_icons_2.gif (191 downloads)