I once had an idea for something like this, several years ago. The idea was...

You would maintain a specially-coded server somewhere on the public internet that worked like a proxy: It took in HTTPS packets and rerouted them.

Then you'd have a piece of proxy client software on someone's PC that's behind a restrictive firewall. It "wraps" all your local packets inside a benign-looking HTTPS packet that has no trouble slipping through the restrictive firewall. The packet goes out to this specially-coded server, which then unwraps the packets and routes them to where they were supposed to go in the first place. And it does the same in reverse.

It would delay the packets qute a bit, so it wouldn't be useful for online gaming behind a firewall, but it could be cool for anonymity behind a corporate firewall, and getting through its restrictions. You could do anything with it that would otherwise be blocked by the firewall. Streaming audio/video, IRC, bidirectional FTP, whatever.

Until your company got wind of the server's IP and blocked it. I never figured an easy way around that one unless it involved some kind of constantly-shifting anonymous-server system like the filesharing networks.

I wanted to implement this and make a million off of the idea. Never got around to it. Did anyone else ever come up with the same idea and implement it in the meantime?