Well, the Gameboy Advance has such poor lighting that it is impossible to use in any conditions except ideal.

I know, this is why I still haven't finished Metroid Fusion. I did get the Afterburner kit, but decided not to install it.

Interestingly enough, Nintendo has put out several versions so far without fixing this basic problem (or dropping the price).

The Game Boy Advance SP is what they are releasing to fix the "lighting" issue. It's a clamshell version with a sidelit LCD, rechargable battery, and a release date of March in the US. I believe this is the version compaired above to the N-gauge.

The one big reason I could see for Nintendo to release a Game Boy without lighting is that most of the younger marker dosen't care. In that market space, battery life is going to be the main issue. Now with the SP on its way, and the GameBoy Advance Player for the GameCube, noone should have any big complaints against the system.

Well, maybe one. I wish it had A,B,X, and Y buttons like the SNES did to allow for even better revivals of classics from that platform.