I was curious what the other people here thought about the situation with Iraq. I have found that there is very little informed debate on Iraq; most of the debate on both sides in regurgitated rhetorical nonsense. In contrast, I've found the people in this forum are generally far above average intelligence and able to have a civil debate.

I'm going to start by stating how I see the situation in Iraq. Here are the rules for response:

1. No ad hominem attacks. That means: attack the argument, not the person.
2. Do not invent strawman arguments to tear down. You don't want to put words in somebody's mouth if they didn't say them.
3. Only use informed and supported arguments; I don't want to hear "Bush SUXORS!" or "Kill the towelheads!"
4. Stay on topic. Who should have won the ballot count in Florida is entirely irrelevant.
5. Ignore any miscreants who violate these rules, even if they engage in a personal attack against you.

I think we did a good job with the discussion on SUVs and several of the others. If this devolves into a flamewar, I'll be the first to ask that it be locked or deleted.

-Biscuits