You obviously haven't used the newest builds of Mozilla.

You are right, I have only ever used one Windows build of Mozilla itself, which was a while ago and it was terrible. I do use the latest version of Netscape though, which is the same codebase right ?

I do use Mozilla under Netscape, simply because it is far faster than the build of Netscape that I have on my Linux box.

Perhaps I should get the latest build of Mozilla and try it under windows.

And in what ways is IE 5.5 more complete than Mozilla?

I don't know about Mozilla, but on Windows the latest release of Netscape is simply sluggish compared to IE6. It makes my 1mb ADSL line look like a modem again I'm afraid. I do use Netscape every day here, I have to use it because my machine at home suffers badly with the cookie problems on this BBS, so when I am at home using this BBS I am always using Netscape.

The only thing IE has over Mozilla is marketshare and being able to better deal with web pages built by technically inadept webmasters who don't give a rats ass about interopability.

But that is the killer feature I'm afraid. I know it sucks that this is the situation, but the fact is that I just want to use the web, I don't want to waste time working out what the "technically inadept (sic) webmaster" meant me to see rather than what Netscape is showing me. And let's face it "technically inadept" describes most webmasters out there.

I wish all the browsers interoperated and I could choose the one I want on it's merits, but I they don't and I can't.

By the way, I have now downloaded the latest build of Mozilla and it appears much more responsive than Netscape 6, so I shall probably use Mozilla in preference to Netscape from now on. IE will still be my primary browser though I'm afraid.

Edited by andy (14/11/2001 04:16)