Yesterday I had the opportunity to play with prolient server. Nothing flash anymore, only dual P2/400. Kinda slow now.

It has a PERC 2 RAID controller connecting to a hot swap drive bay in the front, with three 8G drives. (massive huh?)
Before it was handed to us, the techs had removed the settings of the RAID drive 'containers' (groupings of drives in the array). I created a new container but could only add one of the drives to a container; ever. I removed the good drive to see if the controller would pick up the other drives (they were visible, formattable, checkable, but not available). No dice.
I have been able to install Novell, Linux and Win2k3 on this drive all in succession and none of them could do anything with the other drives as the controller was not making them available

Has anyone had any experience with this server or RAID card? I'd like to be able to know what to use to get these drives working