It was a top day out, and they have it organised so you don't sit around much all day! That Jonathan Palmer bloke - got his head screwed on pretty well - knows how to do corporate entertainment.

The amusing thing is the way the cars handle - drove them in pretty much the order described which was kind of weird. The Caterham really showed up my driving style (hard on the brakes to loosen up the back end, and then hard out of the corner), because I managed to spin 7 times in 4 laps! Was getting a bit disheartened till we got to all the other cars which do respond well to turning in late and booting power from just before the apex.

The Palmer Audis are just like a computer game though - no sliding at all, just point and you turn on rails (although I understand it can be a bit different in the wet!)

But the best fun of the day had to be the Clios. I had a nutter instructor. All the other folks were told to back off and change down to 4th for the small chicane in the middle of the long straight. Mine kept shouting at me to get it up to 6th - I usually came out of the chicane a bit sideways and laughing hysterically. It is an awesome car.

Mind you, for pure sideways-ness, the track they have set up for the Evos is mad, two concentric laps to confuse you. The inner one needs some careful steering, but then you come round at top whack, sideways, on wet tarmac trying to aim for a huge yump!!!!

You guys have got to try it Bedford Autodrome - if you are in the UK.
MkII, 80Gb SSD in dock