Well, today I had to take Pixel in for some hardware maintainence, which involved a general anesthetic. I picked her up a little while ago, minus a few more teeth but with a neat bandage around her right foreleg. She started making croaking noises on the way home (I can sympathise, I do the same after a general), and by the time I got her inside she was shouting frantically. As soon as I let her out of the travel cage, she staggered out the back into the garden, where it became clear that a lot of what she was shouting was essentially "God, I need to pee NOW!"

After some frantic digging and a sigh of relief, she came charging back into the house, having suddenly realised it was pouring with rain, and fell over. This kept her occupied for a while, until I put down some tuna (her favourite food by a long way), at which point she remembered how to walk. The tuna disappeared within seconds, after which she wandered upstairs and tried to get onto the bed. It took several tries.

Her pupils are completely dilated, and if she was a human she'd be giggling and waving her hand in front of her face, watching the pretty colours. She started trying to get the bandage off her leg, but after a few minutes lost track of what she was doing and ended up playing with the few inches she'd managed to unwrap, then lost track of THAT and just rolled around on the floor purring.

Seems like whatever she was given is good fun, at any rate.

pca

BTW now she's sitting up, swaying gently from side to side with a weird feline grin on her face.