It'll still be a whole semester till my thesis but I am starting to think about its subject. The institute of CS and the institute of mathematics both offer various projects but they're all not to my liking. Most of them are a safe (and boring) bet: Implement a QT User Interface, a MATLAB toolbox for Image Processing, et cetera... The good news is that we may suggest a topic of our own. I'd like something more challenging and am willing to risk my bachelor in exchange for a cool project. Keep in mind that I am still a grasshopper though, so ideally it would tease the explorer in me while still allowing me to tackle the whole thing. So what is cool? Frankly, I don't know, that's why I'm posting. Cool could be something that spans across a lot of different areas. I've had few exposure to hardware problems/designs so a problem involving a bit of that among other things might do the trick. Cool could be one of those projects that once completed behaves in completely new, not pre-defined ways (modelling just a framework of rules, like AIs or physics). Cool could be something with pulsing LEDs, LCDs or any other kind of show effect. Cool could be a theoretical work about how to improve a certain unimportant, long forgotten but still interesting algorithm. Cool could be something that I could put to real use after all is said and done.

.. Ideas, anyone? I know we've got CS here, so what was your Bachelor Thesis?

I'm prepared to attack unknown territories but for what it's worth here's the stuff I know about. ( [] := Know about it, but don't want to touch it again if possible. )
Knowledge:
- C, C++, Java(Enterprise), Assembler, [Basic, Pascal], Design Patterns
- Database Systems (Relational Theory, SQL, Oracle, JDBC)
- Formal Languages and Methods(State Machines, Turing Machines,...)
- Mathematics(Differential and Integral, Vectors & Matrices, Logic, Linear Algebra, Numerical Computations, Statistics...)
- Computer Architecture
- Datastructures and Algorithms (Theory and common examples)
- Operating System Concepts
Basic knowledge:
- Programmable Logic Devices (Xilinx)
- Computer Graphics (Open GL)