Well, I have decided to sell my laptop to stave off a budget crisis, but I have a problem. The card slots were damaged, and so I can no longer use a PC network card. The floppy drive has been busted for a year now, which hasn't been a problem becasue I had a wireless network adapter. I would have sold the laptop sooner, but I need it still to complete school projects that had been started on it.

I'm finished with my projects and now I need to transfer files from my laptop to my desktop computer, but without the network card. I dont have money to go out and buy cables, but I have a clable that will go from the LPT port of my desktop to the serial port on my laptop. I have tried the new connection wizard in XP, but it tries to verify a user name and password (nither of which I have set up on my laptop) and the connection fails.

So what Im asking is: Is there a peice of software out there that will make this eaiser. I can put all the files I need and transfer them via the command line, but I dont know the commands. Actually really I'm saying "I dont know a damn thing, Can you help?"