After plugging it in, press the power button several times in quick succession to force it to do a hard reboot. Does that fix it?

Nope.... I've done multiple power resets, both via quick power button presses, normal button presses, leaving it off overnight...

Also: Were any changes made to your network configuration since the last time it worked?

No, I'm the admin here. I've got a static dhcp mapping setup for the receiver, and I know that it is functioning, as I can see the rio grabbing it's IP, getting the ssdp packet, mounting it's NFS mount, and making several requests.

The networking part of it appears to be functioning without a problem. It's just after it gets the results from tags/100, it reboots.

Also: Have you checked to make sure you're not infected with the Nimda virus on your home LAN? The Receiver uses HTTP, and there was a similar problem with the empeg using one of the HTTP-enabled versions of Hijack.

I know without a DOUBT that we aren't inflected. I'm 99.9% a linux shop. This is at the Work LAN/WAN, btw, which I built. I've got enough IDS setup around here that if it was nimda, You wouldn't be able to hear for all the alarms going off.

I'm going to take it to the house tonight and try it there as well. I don't anticipate any changes, but just to have another datum.

As an additional piece of info, I've downloaded the latest software I could find from Dell (1.03 it appears) and overwrote the NFS tree with it as well as setting up a win box specifically to host the windows server. No change in results.

Thanks, tho.