Hello! I registered for an empeg car .. Well, probably sometime last summer, and I knew it would be awhile. Can't remember my reg# so I just emailed empeg to see if they can check for me. I actually ended up getting a new car in that time period, so now I've got a 1993 VW Corrado SLC... (killer car, btw ;) Right now I have a blaupunkt head unit in it. No room for another player, so unfortunately I'll have to ditch the blau, but it's no big -- I already have my front speakers hooked up to an amp, with the amp on the back of my sub box.. I'll just buy a 4chan to replace it, and run wires 2 feet to the rear speakers and I'll be good to go. I've got a couple of questions:

* First of all, is there a dimming lead? My blaupunkt deck dims when I dim the dash illumination.. it also dims a bit just from having the headlights on. Cool. Also, I have a Fuba powered antenna.. Is there a separate antenna power lead (so my antenna only gets power when it's on the FM mode, if I buy an FM module) or is this just integrated into the amp turn-on lead?

* Now, my REAL question -- Does anybody have numerous pictures of the empeg's display? I'll be getting an MK2, but I assume the display itself is the same. I'm curious as to how the menu system (I assume there is one) allows you to select tracks.. one at a time, or many, or playlists, or what? How do the controls work (looks like the MK2 has similar controls as the 1, except with the rotary knob..)? What kind of displays can you use while playing music, etc etc. I'm interested in seeing all the cool stuff you can do with it, and how it really works. I guess any links to pictures or info in the player (other than the empeg website, seen all of those ;) would be helpful.

* For the Empeg guys -- How will the controls differ on the new system with the knob? Will the new system have voice activated controls (I seem to recall hearing this).. how would they work? Like, "play ," or what? Any idea what the new remote will look like?

I think stuff like that would be useful on the empeg website.. people who are excited about a product want to get all the info they can about it.

thanks!

- reid