Quote:
Not sure you could do that nowadays...

It'd probably trigger a terrorism alert...

In my student days we used to have lots of weird stuff appear through the mail; various pieces of old circuit boards, 2 meter long strip of sandpaper etc. with messages written on them. What impressed me most was the addressing (or lack of) that could be used and the stuff still arrive. "dBaseIII, Chalmers" isn't really much to go on... (D was the designation for the "line" I studied, Comp Sci & Eng or "Datorteknik" in Swedish and the dBase was our area for relaxing, cooking lunch etc. III for it being the third one, as we'd been forced to move twice)

That address meant that both the mail service in the originating country, as well as here in Sweden spent some effort to locate the recipient... In, IIRC, Italy, they must have checked where/what Chalmers is and decided to toss it in the 'Sweden' bag, and once in Sweden I suspect that the department of the mail service that investigates odd mails might already have had notes on us - or they sent it to some generic Chalmers address that then internally forwarded it to us...