In a seemingly never-ending series of computer mishaps, I had a hard drive go bad this weekend. I bought some new ones and a new controller card because it seems to be working well enough to get at least some of the old data off. As part of that new controller card, I have to load a driver during Windows (XP Pro) installation, which is fine. I had to do that for the old one, too. But this time, at some point during the installation process before it gets to asking for the driver floppy, it starts spinning the floppy drive constantly so that when I get to trying to insert the driver floppy, it doesn't see it. It's like I've got the floppy drive cable installed backwards, but I don't. Anyway, if I skip past that step, it stops spinning the drive. It's like it's explicity trying to keep me from installing that driver. And I just did this a month ago without problem. The only thing that's changed is that I've added those two new drives and the controller card. I've not yet tried just moving the controller card, as I can't see why that would be the problem, but I guess I'll try in a little while. Anyone have any other great ideas?