Quote:
In TiVo hacking, only a "moron" would keep their box connected to the phone line in the first place.

Unless you have an SA unit and you have to connect to the service to get guide data.

Quote:

On a Series 1 DTivo, yes, you can run a Sony image (at least of 3.1.x) on a Philips box (that means an actual Philips or Hughes). These units are pretty much all the same really.

P.S. The TiVo forums (linked above) are mostly full of hot air. So I try to avoid them.

Bruno

The posts I linked to were made by one of the original TiVo employees, he quit around the time that 3.0 software was released. We also have the Superfriends Of Reality TV posted by TiVoPony a current TiVo employee, without the thread we would have never of known out the SORT feature for the now playing list on 3.0 software. Then we have all the MFS tools software that was original released only on above forums.

I do agree if you want to do any extraction or if you want any hack that cuts into TiVo's money you need a different site.

Plus any forum with 74,259 Registered Members is going to have a bad signal to noise ratio.