Okay, I know this is probably a stupid rant but I can't help it, and maybe I can get some help from somebody.

I'm a fan of the show Alias. I admit it. No, I don't watch it for Jennifer Garner. If anything, I watch it for Ron Rifkin and Victor Garber.

Anyway, I've been a little pissed, because due to circumstances I only got around to adding the season pass to my Tivo this weekend, meaning I've missed five hours of the show so far this season.

So, what do I do now? Personally, I find it impossible to start a show in the middle of the story. I went and rented the first three seasons of the show last summer in order to catch up. Now I'm up the creek and the only paddle I can think of is to Tivo the rest of this season, and wait until the fourth season DVD set comes out. Yeah, in the past I would have thought "Bittorrent!" No more. Not since I got busted for downloading an episode of Charmed of all things. Grr.

What recourse do I have? It doesn't look like these programs are repeated on any channel at any time, I can't download it, and it doesn't seem to make much sense to wait like six months while I have the rest of the season recorded on my Tivo.

Any ideas?