years ago i worked for a company as some sort of (not very good nor experienced) IT tech. We moved into a new manufacturing plant and I was involved in the process very late in the design. Although i did a moderate job of designing the wiring of the main office (two floors, 5 departments, 50+ people) it wasn't until later that we were informed that the construction offices needed network connection.
(We'd come from an ad hoc thin net that disobeyed every rule about that kind of media - runs greater than 200m, several repeaters, many, many, many machines on several segments.)
We ended up drawing a cat5 cable thru ground conduits and bunny hopping to each successive factory. There were 5 factories in all, making quite a massive haul in all.
And electrically a minefield

I would have liked to be in on the design earlier to have put in 100mm conduits in a mesh between all factories (with draw strings) and running fibre to each of the factories.
A router (rather than the bridge we got) would have been good too.

ah the memories /shudder/