This one is giving me a hard time. After about 8 hours with this Torrent open, my machine freezes. The same symptom happened in both the latest BitTorrent and BitTornado. Running WinXP SP2 fully patched with only one port (6881 or something) open on my Linksys router.

When my machine was on Win98, this same version of BitTornado ran for days with no problem. It also ran under WIn2k, though on a different machine on a different ISP / network medium (cable).

Besides XP, I'm using a newer Linksys router than before. I wonder if this is DoS as a side effect of malicious scanning or something. I'll enable logging on the router, somehow.

And, for the first time, I'm getting "failed hash check" messages. Lots of them. 1/3rd of all downloads are failed. Maybe that's the cause, maybe it's a bad seeder, I don't know.

Any ideas? Thanks all.

Also, SXSW part 2 gave over 50% hash errors, so I tried to delete it and start over. But the machine still thinks there's some downloaded; even after deleting the .torrent and the download directory. No settings files in Program Files that I can see. Would it track status in the registry? And if so, why did the most recent freeze of part 1 reset my share stats? Odd odd odd.....