Best of the best of the best

Okay just purchased my 787th CD (Rupert Holms Escape) and I am looking for the best possible sound quality from my empeg I don’t care if that means buying bigger drives or re-ripping all of them again, looking for suggestions on which format and what Windows based programs to rip/encode them with. I have the following cavaots.

1. Must support some form or tagging (ID3 etc…)
2. Some form of compression even with the largest drives you can put in an empeg you can’t store 787 Cd’s worth in wav format.
3. Would like it to be no more then a two step process, all in one would be even better.
4. Would like to see the ability to extract full range sound ~5Hz to ~50 KHz (yes I know you can’t hear those sounds but if I am going to re-rip them all I wan’t to do it once and have something I can use in the feature if a better format comes along.

So I need suggestions of encoding format and a program to do it with
______________________________________ Do not meddle in the affairs of Network Administrators, for they are subtle and quick to anger. ______________________________________ Worlds Lamest Wb Site (mine) http://home.comcast.net/~jlipchitz/