Who would be interested in having their Mark Lord dock professionally spray painted? I may have the chance VERY SOON to do a "group buy" for this service. Time is short so please reply soon to indicate your interest.

For some home renovations, I had cabinets made and spray painted. They look smooth as silk and I'm very happy with the quality. So happy that I contacted the cabinetmakers directly (instead of using the kitchen/bath store) to paint some wainscoting for the walls.

Maybe they could also do our ML docks? I may be driving out there no later than Tuesday to deliver my wainscoting; I could ask about the docks then. Everyone interested could mail me their docks. When I pick up the wainscoting on or around 12/22/06, I could give them our docks for painting. When finished, they could be shipped back (if they do that; may require pickup).

I will find out the price, color/finish options, and if they're even interested.

Some questions:
What color and finish would you like? To keep it reasonable, I think we'd all have to use the same. For color, I'm assuming black. Finishes include low gloss lacquer and high gloss lacquer, and there may be more.

What else should I ask the cabinetmakers?

For those who've painted their docks (and the one who professionally did it), how did you protect the internals and rear connectors from being painted?

For Mark, are there any concerns or handling precautions they should be aware of before sanding and preparing the material for paint? The wood is MDF, right?

I think this would be a great chance to finish all those naked unpainted docks out there!!