I have a ethernet card that I am trying to set up on my notebook computer. My brother-in-law owns a business and someone was leasing a building from him and suddenly split town after writing about $40,000 in bad checks. (It was a large warehouse.) He basically had to just suck up the loses. He did manage to get a notebook computer for himself that was left in the building by the guy. The computer was wiped clean, so no software. It did come with a 3Com ethernet card however. He gave me the card because he will never be near a LAN and has no use for it.

So (sorry for the long background story), now I have this 3Com "Megahertz" 10/100 LAN card Model 3CCFE575BT. I went to 3Com's web site and downloaded the software, but I have not been able to install it with any success. All of the instructions tell me to "contact your admin" and "plug into your network". My question is: How do I just set up a peer-to-peer with the empeg? I realize that asking for step-by-step instruction is too much to ask, but if anyone has some basic instructions or an overview, I might be able to figure it out. At this point, I am really clueless as to how to do this.

Running Win 98. and I DO have a crossover cable for the peer-to-peer.

Thanks to anyone who can help! (or sympathizes! :) )

12gig Mk. II BLUE
Detroit, MI USA
www.PfeifferBeer.com