So I didn't get a Mac.

After much consideration and late night forum reading, I realized that a MBP probably wouldn't be a good fit for me. At first, I thought it would be great to be able to boot into Windows whenever I wanted, but then I realized that if I had that ability, knowing me, I would probably constantly boot into Windows and then whats the point of having a Mac?

Also, although its a really sweet machine, there just isn't enough there to make me switch. Its great if you're a creative type, but I'm just not. Also, I'm not sure if anyone has been to a Mac Store recently, but someone needs to tell those people to tone down the hipsterness a little bit.

Anyhow, I picked up a Sony FZ180E.

I headed out to Frys and Microcenter Saturday evening to see what they had available. I wasn't really impressed with any of the offerings until I saw the Sony. Its slim and relatively light, powerful and it has an insanely nice screen. Battery life is so/so and the hard drive is only 4200rpm but I think I'm going to upgrade it. The lack of internal bluetooth is also a bit of a downer.

My biggest gripe however is the massive amount of preinstalled bloatware. It significantly slows down the machine and its sort of a pain in the ass to get rid of. I tried PC Decrapifier but it didn't really seem to get much. Get this: the laptop comes loaded up with Spiderman and Spiderman 2 SOMEWHERE on the laptop. The files take up about 2.6 GB of space and the only way to get to them is to basically pay for the movies via a link on the desktop. For shame Sony, for shame.

So yeah I'm still working on tweaking it but all in all, I'm very happy. Its pretty damn powerful for a laptop of its size.

Anyone have a link to a decent, very small usb dongle?