Quote:
I suppose it might help those people that get to the register after a several minute wait in line and then start deciding what it is they want.

That brings up 2 more whines.

Some places have a duplicate menu board farther back in the line so you can look at it and decide what you want. That's good. Other places have large menu boards tilted so that you can see them a few cars back. Also good.

But it's annoying when they have only one board, it isn't visible until you are directly in front of it, and you're trying to figure out what to get with the four bucks and thirty-seven cents you have in your wallet.

Which brings me to Whine B.
It's damn near impossible to order "a la carte" off of modern menu boards which consist mostly of giant pictures of the combos and a bit of text which lists a tiny subset of their foods and beverages in a fairly scrambled order. And of course you have to spend time looking at the pictures to interpret what they are. Since I can actually read, I find this quite annoying. And since I never eat fries, NO combo is EVER acceptable. So I find myself poking around the disorganized menu board trying to assemble a semi-edible somewhat affordable meal based on how much change is in my coin tray.

Anyway, Bitt, sometimes I'm one of "those" guys.
Sorry about that. I'm just doing the best I can.

And by the way, when they say "Hi, would you like to buy an X today" I just immediately think "What in the world would have made you think I would ever want an X? Did I ask for an X? Do I look like an X sort of guy? Did you just drop an X on the floor that you're going to have to pay for if you don't unload it immediately?"