If anybody in the Mountain View area (about 25 miles south of San Francisco) that is knowledgeable and competent at setting up and configuring computer networks and entertainment systems would like to earn $100, I would love to have you come and visit me.

What I have is a PC running Vista that I'd like to switch over to XP (I have the XP disk) and get it talking to SWMBOs Macintosh. Internet is through a cable modem. I'd like to share her files and her printer, although the latter is probably not going to happen because it is a USB printer. Currently we share internet connectivity through a router that is hard wired but has wireless capability. There is a Panasonic LCD TV set (not a HD set), a Generation 2 TiVo (I think it is Gen 2) without an Ethernet connection. Telephone service is VOIP through the cable modem, and it appears that the TiVo and the Fax machine will not operate this way, although I am not certain of that. Oh, and I'd like to get my empeg talking to my PC through Ethernet (it works OK with USB).

I am way over my head with all this stuff, and no amount of explanations from helpful, well-meaning folks is gonna get me through it.

So, I'll pay $100 if someone can come and do it for me, I'll throw in dinner at a nice restaurant and a tank of gasoline to cover travel.

Can anyone help?

tanstaafl.