I finally took the plunge and bought a DSLR at the weekend. With my upcoming holiday I decided I'd like some great pictures to remember it by. While I've never been overly serious about it, I've never really been happy with the results I've gotten from my IXUS500. I spent my formative years using my dad's Pentax SLR that he got in the 70's. Looking back I remember excitement of sending the film off, waiting a couple weeks and then getting the photo's back to see how well I'd done. I managed to work on my skills over several years and I even got to the point where I started doing GCSE Photography whilst in the 6th Form, although due to my A-Level workload I ended up never finishing it, which was a shame.

So I got a Nikon D80 with a Sigma 15-200 lens for a good price and I've spent the last couple of days shooting my muse (the cat) amongst other things and I've been pretty pleased with what I've achieved so far. The problem has now come that I keep looking at all the accessories I can get. I've already forked out for knock-off battery grip, taking portrait photos is a pain, literally. I've also been playing with long exposure stuff so I've got a remote shutter release winging its way over from HK. I've also caught myself looking at Speedlights, macro and prime lenses, tripods and the like. I fear a serious habit may be forming.....

Edited by andym (28/07/2008 19:03)

Andy M