Does anyone know of a Firefox plugin to provide history in the search field? I like being able to select different search providers, but I really need a history. Even if searching were locked to Google only.

How about something to allow find-on-page as soon as I start to type text? In other words, omitting the need to press CMD-F (CTRL-F) first. I'd also love it if the screen would dim slightly when showing the search matches on the page and if the default highlighted all the matches right away with the first highlighted more prominently. This works quite well in Safari. The plugin/tweaker Stand enables the find as you type behavior.

Apart from that I can't think of too much else. I suppose a more Mac-like UI would be great, but I think I can live with the basic look. Maybe the only UI related thing I can mention off the top of my head would be pop-up lists more similar to how they're done in Safari and every other Mac application. No scroll bar, they can be scrolled by typing text to match, using the cursor keys or moving the highlight with the mouse pointer up or down.

Oh... Then there's also the lack for some basic Mac OS services in Firefox and other Gecko-based software, such as dictionary and spell-check. I understand FF has its own spell check, but I really dig Mac OS' dictionary support and being able to pop up little definition bubbles.