I've had an HDTV for a looooong time. It's so old that the only HD inputs it has are component inputs. No VGA, no DVI. And since virtually all HD sources (well, BluRay players, anyway) these days require HDCP, I figured that meant that I would have to get a new TV before I was able to watch BluRay movies.

Well, I discovered the HDFury2 and ordered one from Monoprice. I don't know how many of you are in the same situation I am, but, if you are, I highly recommend the HDFury2. It works like a champ. It's got an HDMI input and a VGA or component output and it just works.

I was concerned for a minute when I first plugged it all up, as I got no picture. But it turns out that it was because the device I plugged it into (my TiVo series 3) saw that the HDFury2 supported 1080p and started emitting that resolution. But my TV only supports 1080i. So I had to tell the TiVo to scale back. The HDFury2 just replicates the input resolution. So I guess my only caveat is that you need to make sure that the source device you want to hook up is able to be configured to emit a resolution less than the maximum that it thinks it can.