Quote:
Shouldn't there still be some life in the battery if it is going into sleep mode? If it hits 0% and then sleeps because it has run out of power then it isn't going to last very long in that mode...

No, that's not what I'm saying. Of course there's some life left in the battery after it goes into sleep mode. What I'm saying is...

1. If I just let the thing drain down, when the OS goes automatically into sleep mode when the battery gets low like it's supposed to...

2. It's lying. The battery wasn't really that low! Despite the fuel gauge saying nearly E, it wasn't actually anywhere near empty! There was a ton of charge left!

3. Because of 2., above, I get crappy amounts of normal runtime before the OS starts automatically dropping me into sleep mode. I can't get any frakkin work done, the thing doesn't even last through a company meeting.

4. To prove 2., above, and only for the sake of proving it, I turn off the sleep features and let the battery drain.

5. After the battery fuel gauge drains down to ZERO, then with the laptop running on full power with no powersaving features enabled, I get an ADDITIONAL 24 MINUTES OF RUN TIME after the battery *THOUGHT* it was fully drained. This proves 2., above, and means that the situation described in 3., above, is a malfunctioning state.

6. So I want to re-program the battery so it knows where "E" is on the gauge, and thus I get correct amounts of runtime instead of the amounts described in 3., above.

But it's all moot anyway. See my next post.