Originally Posted By: peter
If what you want to do with your Mac is CPU-bound

It will mainly be Lightroom and Photoshop work to start with, but I am hoping that video editing will become a much bigger part of my work than it currently is. Certainly there will be an increase in outputting video content to HD, DVD and Web. All incoming video will now be in 1080p from my new 5D Mk II, so I guess it'll be high bandwidth to start with.

Other than the CPU performance, I like the idea of being able to add more HD space easily. To this point I haven't had a Mac than can do that (Mac Mini then my current MacBook).

I have rung Apple, they have given me a lot to think about. Both machines specced up there is an approx £200 gap between the 2. I have a pretty decent 24" display already so I wouldn't need to buy that, and it would give me great flexibility for the future. Hmmmmm not an easy decision! Either way it's a hell of a lot of money! But If I think about it the MacBook was the last computer I bought, and that was 3 years ago in May. Both prices included the APP scheme too, I thought an investment of that order was worth protecting to some degree, is it worth it in anyone's experience?

Cheers

Cris.