My wife uses Facebook. I didn't say that ALL people that use Facebook are stupid. There's a difference in the two sentences, even if only slight. I don't feel uncomfortable saying "Facebook users are stupid" in front of friends and family (many of whom use Facebook), I certainly don't feel so about doing it here.

Matt... And I don't know the average computer user like I say I do? I think I know them pretty well. I didn't say I was surprised about what I posted in the OP. It was just an example of something I've been saying for a long time. I don't expect anyone to know the intricacies of how the internet works. And even someone using Google to hit a site instead of the address bar I can excuse (I already mentioned my mother). But to look at a page that is CLEARLY *not* Facebook and then post comments like the ones in the story I linked... Well, that's frankly beyond stupid. I mean, it's a down-right contamination (of catastrophic proportions) of the gene pool.

Andy, stupid != retarded. BTW, we don't use the word "retarded" in Canada. wink And another BTW, I love Cheese and Onion as well as Salt and Vinegar crisps. Even though they're chips here.

Bottom line, Facebook in the 2000's = AOL of the 1990's.

Edited by hybrid8 (12/02/2010 21:04)