Prior to Google Buzz, I had a simple system. I had FriendFeed at the center of the universe, pushing and pulling my stuff from Google Reader, Facebook, and Twitter. If I wanted to do a status update that was short, I might do it on Twitter and it would replicate everywhere. If I wanted to do a longer status update, I'd do it directly on FriendFeed, and it would be shortened with a link on Twitter and replicated to Facebook in full.

Then Buzz came along.

I tried subscribing FriendFeed to the RSS/Atom feed from Buzz, and it gets a stupid subject line ("Buzz from Dan Wallach on Google Buzz") rather than what actually happened in Buzz. Similarly, the posts that Buzz imports from FriendFeed are wrapped with a bunch of annoying HTML trimmings around the edges, so users end up seeing my "DapperDan" avatar twice. Uggh. Consequently, I have no good way of getting status updates out of Buzz nor is there a good way to get them back in again.

The temporary lame solution is to have Google Buzz pull from Twitter. This means I can still use FriendFeed or Twitter as the center of the world, and so long as I keep it under 140 characters, the same thing shows up everywhere. The problem with the lame solution is that anything I share via Google Reader is shortened via FriendFeed into Twitter and that shortened version shows back up in Buzz. Double post.

*sigh*

If anybody has a better way of dealing with this, I'm all ears.