I can understand not liking shootouts to settle a game, but how can you not enjoy sudden death overtime? Both teams have had 60 minutes to win and have not been unable to do so -- what's wrong with ending it in a "golden goal" fashion? There's nothing more exciting in sports than knowing that the next goal wins.

My team was on the wrong end of it last night, but they had plenty of chances in regulation to take control of the game and could not -- so the outcome is legit, and Canada is the better team (which was what everyone thought going into the Olympics.)

Back in 2000, I watched the entirety of the longest game in NHL history, and when my team emerged victorious in the fifth overtime, it was an incredible feeling. The letdown if I was on the other end would have been just as grand -- that's just how it goes. I assume you'd prefer they just leave playoff games as a tie? Or keep going until one team happens to be ahead at the end of a full period? Or until a team wins by two? What's your preferred solution, keeping in mind the practical constraints of not playing hockey games that are as long as cricket matches?