Hi,

I second Mark on the FoxConn motherboard. I have a BloodRage in my i7 simulation system. It has what they and others term as "Solid Capacitors". These are contructed from an Organic Conductive Polymer material instead of the Electrolytic Paste or fluid.

They are said to last 20+ years instead of the 4 years I mentioned earlier. I think they are right.

The one thing to remember with ALL electronics (not so much with vacuum tube based equipment - except - you guessed it Electrolytic CAPACITORS) is that heat kills. Often, running a system 10 Degrees C cooler doubles its lifespan. If you want reliability and long life, keep it cool!

With many tube based Electrolytic Capacitors that failed, they were multiple sections in a common metal can mounted upright to the chassis. When they fail they are either not available or extremely expensive. What many do, is remove the bottom cover of the can, remove the dried-up capacitors, replace them - stack them inside the original can - with 105 Deg C. Electrolytic Capacitors (much smaller these days than what was in there originally), put a similar cover back on the bottom, and reinstall them into the equipment.

Ross