Agreed with the credit union suggestions. I switched to one when Wells Fargo screwed me over back in 2001, and haven't had any complaints. I have great online access to all my accounts (checking, savings, overdraft/loan), and have free bill pay. I also get $10 a month reimbursement for ATM fees if I can't locate an in network machine, deposits via most other credit unions or check deposit via an iPhone app (important since Austin doesn't have a local branch). Even though I haven't been employed by an eligible company in 4 years now, they are still happy to have me as a customer and I can stay as long as I want. Their online system updates quickly, and Mint is usually seeing deposits or transactions with very little delay. As for your request about the bank helping with budgeting, I can at any time open another savings account, complete with my own title such as "New Car Fund". Once it's set up via their web site, I can schedule automated transfers into it, or manually transfer at any time.

Check with your wife's HR department (if she works for a company) to see what credit unions she may be eligible to join. Most allow the entire family to join as well, so it should cover you.