Greetings!

I have actually tried this, but not really messed around with the java applet. The link tends to be too slow for any useful streaming. As to remote control, if you can get the applet working in PocketIE (I think there is software you can load to support it), it should work.

Of course, my major question is "Why?". I know... I know... "Why not?" You would need to have your iPAQ connect in to your wireless carrier, through a firewall or VPN in to your local empeg network (unless you have it raw on the internet, of course), and into your empeg. If you need wireless access, I assume you do not have a line of sight to the empeg for IR, you have network connectivity to the empeg, and are somewhere that you (or someone else) can hear it. Is this ever really the case in practice???

Note: I have been doing handheld connectivity testing with our corporate firewall and VPN client software, and my empeg just happened to become a test site... From what I have seen, bandwidth from the cell modem and screen size seems to be a very limiting factor. If someone could point me to a java engine for the iPAQ, I will try the applet, though.

Paul G.
SN# 090000587 (40GB soon to be 96GB Smoke)