Cris, the RP JrX are not TTL, which were the units I mentioned being interested in and the ones that have been able to connect to studio lights since they came out. I don't find it irritating that you're not familiar with this product line and have a preference for your own gear.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but the Flex transceiver only works with Canon Speedlights, not studio strobes. You'll need adapters such as the AC9 for use with Alien Bees strobes or a different receiver, like the PowerST4 for others. These adapters are also a lot more recent than the ControlTL system itself, and in some respects, an answer to the proposition put forth by the RP product line. The Control TL was PW's answer to RP's PX series which was the first aftermarket kit to work with Canon and Nikon's proprietary remote/slave systems.

Oh, I know that black and grey are completely different. Worked with both in school and for a small space much prefer black, especially when doing still work, like mannequins, plants, etc. It allows one to control much more easily, light spill bounced from other walls. In such a small room it's still trivial to throw up a background of one sort or another, but not always trivial to reduce light output enough so the walls appear black if including them in the shot.

But because I don't have my own studio set up right now, everything I'm saying must be wrong. And any professional photographer who happens to agree or have something like this set up is also wrong. Though I'm not sure why.

Anyway, peace, this thread is yours. I try my hardest to understand things I may not be initially familiar with, but while it's pretty straight forward to master things of a technical nature, it's impossible to always figure out people. At least specific people.

BTW, please feel free (and welcome) to contribute in the Boxee thread. You don't need to have a Box to have an opinion on UI design and features.