I installed Cyanogen 7.0.1-RC1 last night. 4G works, but the toggle button in the notification bar doesn't, so no big deal there.

I really like that I can ssh/scp to my phone now, and add-ons like the DSP manager are really nice. There were some hassles with apps that didn't quite do the right thing with the upgrade, and a few things like my Google Music "pinned" songs going away that Titanium Backup didn't save me from, but nothing too bad.

My main reason for installing now was to take a look at what, if anything, I can do from the shell to make networking happen through the cellular data connection even when a wi-fi link is active. This would be so I can develop an empeg control app that uses wifi to communicate with my empeg through the wireless AP in my trunk. The wifi link wouldn't have a reachable internet gateway when I'm not at home, so if I can't find a way to tell my phone to use the 3G/4G link, I won't have any data service on the phone while the app is running, which would be a bummer.

On a regular computer, this is the sort of thing one would fix by tweaking the routing table to route local traffic through the "LAN" interface (in this case, the wifi) and internet traffic through the "WAN" interface (the cellular data connection) but I don't know if that'll work on Android -- I've read some things online that say it turns off 3G and uses wifi whenever a wifi link is active. Of course, I also saw something that said it'll fail over to 3G if the wifi link's DHCP doesn't give you a gateway and DNS servers, so I'll have to test that out tonight.