Originally Posted By: tanstaafl.

The better and more versatile solution would be to get the free Calibre program which can transcode your books from just about any format into *.RTF, which you can edit and print with Microsoft Word.

Unless... the books have DRM. Then you will need a Calibre plug-in or a standalone program to remove the DRM before Calibre will transcode the book. If the books are in Amazon's proprietary *.AZW format you will probably be out of luck.

That all sounds very nice and dandy, but then I remember these ebooks are on my iPad. My non-jailbroken iPad... which means I cannot access the files on it. So I have no idea which file type it is, and no way of pulling it off of my iPad. eek (and while I love my iPad for the things is does very well, this is one of the reasons I also hate it!)
So thank you very much for the advice, I'll keep it in mind for when I ever buy a Kindle. (or jailbreak my iPad wink ) For now, I'll use Tom's "screenshot method", which should work for the few times I'll need it. smile