Thanks for the update. So...thumbs up?

I love the use case, installing WiFi for an airbnb residence with potential for access at a farmer's market. That's really neat.

I noticed that Ubiquiti had payment plugins, but I wasn't quite sure what that was for. That makes sense. Very smart to offer paid WiFi.

Do you think you'll try setting up another access point wirelessly? I noticed that they said this could be done with their "mesh" technology, but I'm not sure what they mean by that. If it's not using WDS, what else could it be?

I'll be curious how that outdoor unit works. I might need to install that for a client too.

All in all, how easy is it to set up? How easy would it be with and without the EC2 hosted controller? I've never worked with that before. Anyway, the place I'm installing the system can easily stick a computer somewhere, so I won't need to host it. I'm assuming that would be pretty straightforward. Did you find it fairly simple to set up? I imagine it's harder than setting up your average router, but how much more so?

More and more, I'm thinking about installing a system in my home. I was in my garage yesterday streaming podcasts, and the WiFi signal was very weak, even though I wasn't all that far from an AP. I'd love to place these all over the house and have one single well-functioning network, with a similarly strong guest network.

Edited by Dignan (02/06/2013 23:04)