Originally Posted By: drakino

When you did this step, did you power cycle the cable modem?

Long story short... After about a week without internet, I am now [sort of] connected, thanks to my wife's little netbook and NO thanks to a Catch-22 situation with my LastPass password management program being set up to not recognize any ISP that wasn't in Mexico. I needed to edit my LastPass settings using a link they sent to my Gmail, and I couldn't get into my Gmail without the password from LastPass. I finally telephoned a neighbor in Mexico, had her go into my house, start my computer get into LastPass, edit the Gmail link and read me the password, so that I could go inhto my Gmail and change the password to something I could deal with. The old Gmail password? @nP%91FAKvSx Dunno why I couldn't remember it off the top of my head! smile

Anyway... the laptop in question has serious enough problems that I think I'll have to nuke and repave it. I took it to a computer store here, and there was no internet connectivity... UNTIL he restarted it in Safe Mode, then it worked just fine. He suggested a virus. I don't have the patience to go through rebooting it 40 times with different processes disabled to determine which one is gumming up the works, and there is NO data stored on the laptop that is of any importance.

We're going back to Mexico on Sunday, will arrive in the [very] wee hours Monday morning. The Honda (the reason for the trip) was sold, $12,000 cash money in hand, within four hours of the For Sale ad appearing on Craigslist!

tanstaafl.