Hi all,

Recently I started ripping my old DVD collection. I rip them to .ISO files, removing everything I don't need (like unnecessary dubbing languages, subtitles of languages I don't need, unnecessary extras, ...) I also remove the DVD menu so the movie starts playing immediately. I only keep English and Dutch subtitles and English spoken language (sometimes also Dutch spoken language in case of a kids movie)

I now wanted to install Plex on my unRAID server, but it seems for some reason Plex doesn't like .ISO files (or /video_ts directories for that matter), so I would need to convert the .ISO's to .MKV's. COnverting them to .MKV would also provide me with smaller files of course, so that's an added benefit.

Now I would like to ask:
1) Which (free) software is best equipped for this task? Handbrake?. I like handbrake because it would allow me to do a batch conversion, so I could do it during the night. But there might be something better even?
2) If I convert the ISO files to .MKV's, will all the languages and subtitles be preserved in that .MKV file?

Thanks!