This morning everything worked fine. About noon, things went awry.

First, my router failed. No internet, no printer. By plugging my Ethernet cable directly into the cable modem, I had internet, but not through the router. I took the router to the local computer shop, they hooked it up, no routing. They went into the router with a browser and discovered that all of the configuration settings were gone. For $150 pesos (about six dollars) they reconfigured it and now it appears to be working properly.

But the printer now insists on printing black and white. I can use the controls on the printer itself to print a test page, and it prints in truly glorious color. But if I dig deep enough in the printer properties in Control Panel --> Devices and Settings --> HP Color Laserjet CP2025dn --> Properties I get what you see in the attachment. I have spent a lot of time looking through all the settings I could find, and can find nothing that allows me to set Color: to Yes instead of No.

I don't know if the two problems (router and no color) are related. I am also curious about what could have happened with the router (WRT54GL) to cause it to lose its configuration. Should I be looking for a replacement?

FWIW, the "HP Universal Printing PCL 6" driver seems to be the best one for the CP2025 series printers. It has worked for me for several years across several different computers.

What should I try next?

tanstaafl.

Attachments
CP2025dn.png