My printer is a Hewlett Packard 2025dn color laser printer. This is a workhorse printer, duplexing, networking, rated at 40,000 pages per month duty cycle, 20ppm in color, and up until the most recent 40 pages or so has given outstanding reproduction of color photographs.

Not so much now. Below are two photographs of "Doug's World Famous Spaghetti" recipe. (Yeah, I live in a pretty small world these days...)

The first picture is a photograph directly out of the camera [Panasonic DMC-FZ300], and appears on my monitor very much as it appeared in person. Crisp, good color saturation and contrast, sharp focus.

The second picture is a photograph of the print of the first photograph, that is, I printed the picture, then took a picture of that print lying on a table outdoors in diffused daylight. That print appears on my monitor very much as the paper print itself.

FWIW, the printer will print an Excel document with some colored fill and text absolutely perfectly.

The printer is currently configured with one non-OEM cartridge (black); the Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow are all HP OEM at $100+ each. If there is one thing the printer will do properly, it is print black areas. The built-in test print for the printer comes out flawlessly.

What has happened to my printer? How can I fix it?

tanstaafl.

Attachments
Original.JPG (58 downloads)
Print.JPG (54 downloads)