I have a very high-tech portable MP3 player, as you can see from the attached photo. SWMBO does not want me using it any more on my electric trike because it is not compatible with a helmet.

This matter came to a head (pun intended) following an unfortunate altercation with a four-inch thick low-hanging branch on the local bike path. I rode my trike to the hospital ER to be stitched up, then rode home and got my hiking saw, rode back and cut that fscking branch off, then rode home. The doctor at the hospital told me that if the branch had been one centimeter lower I would have lost the eye. FWIW, the doctor's fee was $500 Mn pesos; the hospital fee an additional $600. 20 pesos per dollar conversion rate... you do the math. Gotta love Mexico!

So, SWMBO has promised to buy me a very good Bluetooth headset that will fit under my helmet. She has already chosen the headset... but herein lies the problem. I do not own any kind of Bluetooth compatible portable MP3 player. I'm sure there are plenty of them out there, but my absolute deal-killer priority is that it ABSOLUTELY MUST be compatible with audio books. This means fast forward/rewind; track advance/back; pause/start; and it MUST remember the exact position when powering down and starting back up.

That last requirement is not so easy to come by. I would pay extra for water resistance for my kayaking, but my present technologically advanced system is still useful for that. I guess either a stand-alone portable player, or perhaps there is a cell phone app that would meet my audio book requirements and pair my Samsung phone to the Bluetooth headphones while on the trike. I won't take the cell phone on the kayak.

Recommendations?

tanstaafl.

Attachments
P1010115-W2400.jpg (52 downloads)
P1000709-W2400.jpg (54 downloads)
2022-10-25 Trike Accident-W2400.jpg (48 downloads)